DDoS protetion Service Level Agreement
“The 24×7 available support service will assist to outsource your monitoring and management and use years of technical knowledge by a team of engineers”
In addition to the DDoS protection packages, clients can purchase extra SLA levels which describes the service guarantee which a client can expect and the penalties in case the stated uptime guarantee is not achieved. We guarantee a 100% uptime of your DDoS protetion service. If not, we will pay you back.
DDoS protection SLA definitions
- Monthly Service Minutes is the total number of minutes per monthly billing period.
- “Incident” means any set of circumstances resulting in a failure to meet a Service Level.
- “Applicable Monthly Service Fees” means the total fees actually paid by you for a Service that are applied to the month in which a Service Credit is owed.
- “Downtime” means the time the DDoS protection Service was unavailable to Client.
- “False positives” are incorrectly triggered protection mechanisms of the DDoS protection Service.
- “Outage Period” is equal to the number of downtime minutes resulting from an Unscheduled Service Outage.
- “Service Unavailability Period” is the Monthly Service Downtime in minutes, minus any planned downtime or downtime caused by Force Majeure and/or Unscheduled Service Outage.
- “Unscheduled Service Outage” are those interruptions to the Service that have not been previously communicated to the Client and that result in the Client’s application being unavailable to its Clients or users. Unscheduled Service Outages exclude downtime minutes resulting from Client Planned Downtime or downtime cause by Force Majeure.
- “Service Credit” is the percentage of the monthly service fees for the Service that is credited to Client for a validated Claim.
- “Force Majeure” refers to any downtime minutes that are the result of events or conditions beyond Serverius’s reasonable control. Such events might include but are not limited to any acts of common enemy, the elements, earthquakes, floods, fires, epidemics, and inability to secure products or services from other persons or entities.
- “Claim” means a claim submitted by Client to Serverius pursuant to this SLA that a Service Level has not been met and that a Service Credit may be due to Client.
DDoS protection SLA terms
- The total amount of Service credits awarded in any three (3) month billing period shall not, under any circumstance, exceed one (1) month of Client’s total monthly DDoS protection Service fee.
- Service Credits will only be calculated against monthly recurring fees associated with the Service. Other Service(s) like Colocation, connectivity etc. are excluded.
- The minimum amount of Service credits to be reimbursed is EUR/USD 50 per month. Smaller amounts will not be requested by the Client.
- Serverius is not responsible for monitoring of Client Content; this responsibility lies with Client. Serverius will review data on a Client’s reported Outage Periods as determined by any commercially reasonable independent measurement system used by the Client.
- Serverius will use all information reasonably available to it in order to calculate the Affected Client Ratio during an Outage Period, including analysis of Service Data immediately prior to the Outage Period to estimate the ratio of a Client’s visitors that were affected during an Outage Period at one or more of the Serverius’s datacenters.
- In order to be eligible to submit a Claim with respect to any Incident, Client must first have notified the Client support of the Incident, using the procedures set forth by Serverius, within five business days following the Incident.
- To submit a Claim, Client must contact Client Support and provide notice of its intention to submit a Claim. Client must provide to Client Support all reasonable details regarding the Claim, including but not limited to, detailed descriptions of the Incident(s), the duration of the Incident, network trace routes, the URL(s) affected and any attempts made by Client to resolve the Incident.
- In order for Client to consider a Claim, Client must submit the Claim, including sufficient evidence to support the Claim, by the end of the billing month following the billing month in which the Incident which is the subject of the Claim occurs.
- Serverius will use all information reasonably available to it to validate Claims and make a good faith judgment on whether the SLA and Service Levels apply to the Claim.
- The delivery of SLA Service starts after Serverius has received the signed contract with Client Agreement nr. and Client paid his first Service invoice(s) and Client does not have any expired invoices.
- In case of penalty payment to Client, the payment will be done by credit on outstanding unpaid invoices or by direct payment to client.
DDoS protection SLA levels packages
By default, when no additional SLA package is purchased, the Best Effort SLA will apply to Client. If Client purchased an additional (higher) SLA level he can get extra privileges like obtaining higher priority support, get refunds after a Service Unavailability Period, get lower hour fees, etc. The pricing of all SLA packages can be requested at the Serverius Sales department. Below the overview of the different priority SLA’s.
|Best effort SLA||Bronze SLA||Silver SLA||Gold SLA||Platinum SLA|
|Priority over other Client support requests:||5th in line||4th in line||3rd in line||2nd in line||1st in line|
|Monthly (included) OH support requests:||2||10||15||20||25|
|Monthly (included) OC support requests:||–||–||1||2||3|
|Guaranteed OH support response time:||8 OH hours||6 OH hours||3 OH hours||1 OH hours||30 OH minutes|
|Guaranteed OC support response time:||less than 30 minutes|
|OH Support requests fee (per 15 minutes):||49,-||40,-||30,-||20,-||15,-|
|OC Support requests fee (per 180 minutes):||239,20||175,-||125,-||99,-||79,-|
DDoS protection SLA credit calculation method
If the Service uptime guarantee is not fulfilled, Client is entitled to get financial compensation. The Service credit is calculated on the uptime percentage during Client its monthly billing cycle. Monthly Uptime Percentage is represented by the following formula: Monthly billing cycle uptime % = (Maximum Available Minutes – Downtime) / Maximum Available Minutes X 100. In the table below the credit amount is represented:
|Uptime percentage||Service Credit|
|< 99,9%||10% x Credit Factor|
|< 99,6%||25% x Credit Factor|
|< 99,3%||35% x Credit Factor|
|< 99%||50% x Credit Factor|
DDoS protection SLA credit calculation exclusions
Any downtime which is the result of Force Majeure or mentioned in the list below is excluded from the uptime guarantee to Client. Therefore these issues do not apply to any performance or availability to Client:
- Due to factors outside Serverius’s reasonable control;
- That resulted from Client’s or third party hardware or software;
- That resulted from actions or inactions of Client or third parties;
- Caused by Client’s use of the Service after Serverius advised Client to modify its use of the Service, if Client did not modify its use as advised;
- Disfunction of management tooling like the Clientpanel and Serverius API;
- Other services like connectivity, colocation or compute and DDoS protection Service;
- False positives of the Service (protection failures);
Upon Client’s request, a malfunction can be escalated to the following people (in the below order):
|Normal priority:||General support department firstname.lastname@example.org and|
call directly +31(0)88-7378374 after creating the ticket.
|High priority:||Sergey Petukhin* Head connectivity infrastructure – email@example.com and|
call directly +31(0)887378307 or +31(0)650123036 after creating the ticket.
|Highest priority:||Gijs van Gemert*: CEO of Serverius – firstname.lastname@example.org and|
call directly +31(0)657887267 after creating the ticket.
* Current responsible persons, they can change in the future. Outside of office hours, these people can be reached via the technical services or mobile telephone number.